- 1 Citation extension
- 2 Re: Player infobox
- 3 On thumbnails not working
- 4 The pipe escape template
- 5 Re: Achievements on templates bugged
- 6 Current maps template
- 7 Styling
- 8 I'd like to translate comp.tf to other languages.
- 9 Re: Flags should probably be a template.
- 10 My personal space → The main Comp.tf's space
- 11 comp.tf in french / merging with tf2wiki?
- 12 Add a 4v4 page please
- 13 Do not have permission to create pages
- 14 Multi-national flags on comp.tf?
- 15 Re: Server move
- 16 MediaWiki extension: Lingo
Hey, could you have a look at installing this? http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite/Cite.php
Re: Player infobox
The template Template:Player infobox has now optional and default fields. The default fields are: Alias, Country, Competition formats, Main class, Current team, Steam profile link. If you need them changed, get back to me on my talk page and I'll quickly change them, but I thought the fields I selected are reasonable, as they are publicly available and required by pretty much every league. --Atlas (talk) 10:24, 5 July 2013 (WEST)
On thumbnails not working
I'm not sure what did you try to get the thumbnails fixed, but maybe this MediaWiki manual page will help in some way? As I said, I have no idea what's installed and what isn't, but it's worth a look/a try. --Atlas (talk) 10:58, 5 July 2013 (WEST)
- Ah, so it's a host problem. In that case, I'll just stay tuned. I have a couple things I want to do to get everything done faster, so I'll start preparing while the servers get fixed. --Atlas (talk) 12:15, 5 July 2013 (WEST)
The pipe escape template
Re: Achievements on templates bugged
Current maps template
Hey, sorry for the absence, but I was really waiting for the thumbnail fix, as it enables my possibilities to contribute to the wiki (as I don't know a lot about the game to be honest, I'm more of a technical guy). Would you mind if I finally implemented User:Atlas/Template:Match_maps? I'm asking as you had a version already done, so I wouldn't want to tread on somebody else's ground here. --Atlas (talk) 17:24, 27 July 2013 (WEST)
Hey. I've created this proof-of-concept template today, but to implement it the way I really want to, I'd need some complex styling. Seeing that
<style> tags inside mediawiki pages do not parse, and pseudo-selectors don't work in inline CSS, I'd need to add some lines to the master CSS file.
Speaking of that, there is a lot of inline CSS in our template. Which is fine, but inline styling irks me to no end. So again, adding styles to that master CSS would clean up a lot of our code.
I'm not asking for any kind of access whatsoever, but it'd be good if I could make some adjustments myself. Doing it by proxy is acceptable, but some work is simply trial-and-error, and doing that by proxy would take a lot of time. I haven't figured out a good way myself yet, but if you have an idea, let me know. —Atlas (talk) 11:44, 30 July 2013 (WEST)
- FTP access should be enough, yes. Thanks a lot. And yeah, the way I thought about it, when you hover over the dots (later to be markers) the name of the area will pop up. —Atlas (talk) 15:45, 30 July 2013 (WEST)
- Actually... FTP access won't be necessary. I'm dumb and didn't do my research, there's a page on the wiki that carries all custom CSS across all skins. Which is perfect for my uses. (I might need sysop permissions though. More detail here. If you don't want to give me sysop, you can just do this) —Atlas (talk) 15:47, 30 July 2013 (WEST)
- For some reason, that page works now, and it didn't before - I couldn't edit it. That's weird, but good. I don't think I'll need FTP access. —Atlas (talk) 09:36, 31 July 2013 (WEST)
- By the way, the template is now fully functional. Have a look at it and let me know what do you think. —Atlas (talk) 11:19, 31 July 2013 (WEST)
- I'll address all the points one by one:
- I can make it work outside of the table, I can also make it uncollapsed by default/make a parameter that determines if it should be collapsed or uncollapsed. The only thing is, I think it takes too much space, so I think it should be collapsed by default.
- The image needs to be fixed-width (I'll specify why further). At the moment it's 800px wide. I can make the table 800px wide too if needed.
- All spots are parameter-based. You do not need any specific privileges. As of now, there's up to 15 locations supported. All you need to do to get a location is: 1) get a map image and upload it to the wiki, 2) set its width to 800px, 3) set up the markers in an image editing program (Photoshop) in the places you need, 4) get the X/Y pixel coordinates for the top right corner of every marker. The X/Y coordinates require the image to be of static size, not percentage-based, because if you change the image size, you change the coordinates. And making the coordinates upscale depending on resolution would probably be possible, but is overkill in my opinion.
- It's a work-in-progress, so the format is pretty much up for discussion now, and I'm willing to make changes. —Atlas (talk) 13:15, 31 July 2013 (WEST)
- I'll address all the points one by one:
I'd like to translate comp.tf to other languages.
Hello there, Kaneco. I added you as a friend on Steam, because I want to help the Competitive TF2 Wiki. I can translate it into Russian. Some times ago I was the best Russian contributor on the OTFW.
Contact me, if you think, that is a great idea to the community as well. It will be really helpful, if the Competitive TF2 Wiki will be translated into other languages to help newbies from other countries, which can't speak English.
Re: Flags should probably be a template.
My personal space → The main Comp.tf's space
Let me know if it is possible to translate the wiki on my personal space until you move the server. If it is okay, all the translated articles will be on the main Comp.tf's space after my personal space. — Sero_ru T│C 06:15, 30 November 2013 (PDT)
comp.tf in french / merging with tf2wiki?
Hello there Kaneco,
like Sero did I'm intersted in helping you run this wiki. Besides helping with general to do's, i can translate content to french if it's needed. Unfortunately this is my first wiki experience and i don't know where available languages are supposed to appear to the users.
Also I wondered why there is no "common plan" between your team here and the official tf2 wiki as competitive articles are somewhat lacking. Could it be useful to contribute to tf2 wiki as well?
You can answer me on steam anytime,
Add a 4v4 page please
I would like to take over the creation of a 4v4 page. While my experiance on this wiki and in 4s is limited. I have a lot of time and passion for 4s and learning/sharing. I only have experiance in ugc 4s and have started to update a local copy of the ugc page to include information on 4s.
Thankyou for considering, oojava
Do not have permission to create pages
I joined this wiki to try and help improve the Steel page, but I can't upload new screenshots because I do not have permission to create pages. This includes my user page. I looked at the Info for Editors and Editing Guidelines pages, but they make it sound like anyone can sign up and start contributing. Is this not the case? Resuni (talk) 22:55, 12 October 2014 (CDT)
Multi-national flags on comp.tf?
Hey Kaneco, is there a way to show a mixture of flags on comp.tf like on ETF2L? I ask for the purpose of filling in flags for teams like Lowpander and Publiclir.se. Thanks.
Re: Server move
Hey there, I had noticed a lot of downtime leading up to the server change and that led to a mixture of not being able to do much and others being put off from doing much either. Not much lost though, all is good! I'm guessing the "powered by Hypernia" will be taken down in good time? --Efefknee (talk) 01:19, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
MediaWiki extension: Lingo
Hi Kaneco, if it's fine, I'd like the Lingo extension from MediaWiki installed. I created Template:abbr (copy pasted from Wikipedia), but it seems to not be working properly for me (things to do with spacing/extra lines), and I feel this extension would be useful not only to me but for other editors. I personally want to use it for my new map infobox. Thanks--garlic (talk) 8:41am, 22 July 2015 (GMT)