Hiring a Server
Hiring a server is a relatively simple process for the most part. Below are some server providers thought to be the best for their respectful regions.
ozfortress Server Booking
To book and connect to a server, follow the steps below
- Click the link to go to the ozfortress Discord
- in the #bookings channel, type /book
- Server details for a 3 hour server hire will be sent to you privately in the form of 'connect ******; password ******; rcon_password ******'.
- Give the players you wish to connect to the server the line 'connect ******; password ******'. Do not give anyone the line 'rcon_password ******'.
- To connect to the server, open the console in TF2 (Default Key: `) and copy and paste the line 'connect ******; password ******' without the apostrophes, and with your servers details.
Below are a list of server plugins that can be considered useful to running a server.
SizzlingStats by SizzlingCalamari and Technosex
A serverplugin/website combo which records and automatically uploads competitive game stats and SourceTV demos to sizzlingstats.com. Allows players to view stats ingame through the motd window by typing .ss in chat.
TFTrue by AnAkIn
Provides a massive amount of features which can replace the following plugins and make them redundant:
- Match Recorder
- Supplemental Stats
Used as a base to run Sourcemod
Supplemental Stats (click raw to download)
Adds damage and heals to logs
SupStats2 by F2
In addition to all features from Supplemental Stats, this also logs airshots, headshots, accuracy and more
MedicStats by F2
Adds additional medic stats to logs, including buffed heals and time to build uber
AFK by F2
It displays a message on your screen if someone on your team is AFK in the warmup period
WaitForSTV by F2
Delays map change by 90 seconds so SourceTV spectators don't miss the last part of the map
RestoreScore by F2
Restores player's score to the scoreboard after reconnecting to the server
RecordSTV by F2
Records SourceTV match demos with a custom path and filename
MatchRecorder by carbon
Starts recording SourceTV demos when both teams have readied up
tWhitelistUpdater by Thrawn
Automatically updates ETF2L whitelists
tDetailWinPanel by Thrawn
Adds damage, kills, healing and lifetime for both teams to the win panel